• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can A Bank Renig On A Loan When Conditions Are Met?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gossamer7

:eek:What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I am purchasing a bank owned home and the bank was supplying the financing. I own my own business so they offered to do a no ratio loan. My credit score fit their requirements and their only request was that I supply documetation showing downpayment money. Now 3 days before closing I called to find out the status and the loan officer tells me the bank doesn't want to do the loan. She's trying to blame it on underwriting guidlines which is complete nonsense because this was a portfolio loan and the only documentation they requested was a bank statement. Can they just renig on their promise and tell me tough luck? At the very least this is unethical, but don't they have a legal obligation as well? This process has been going on for a month now and the loan officer recieved o.k.'s higher up in the chain to get to this point and now she is denying that there ever was an approval 3 days before closing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">