• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can buyer back out of purchase contract?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chetrick

Hello,

I live in the state of Ohio. My husband and I have a signed purchase contract on our home from 1 month ago. We have made a purchase contract on a new home and are already packing. :) The buyer now tells us he is adament about NOT buying our house. :( Is he legally bound? Can we force him to buy or what are the reprecussions for him if any? I just really have my heart set on this and we have gone through sooo much to get this far.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Connie

HomeGuru

chetrick said:
Hello,

I live in the state of Ohio. My husband and I have a signed purchase contract on our home from 1 month ago. We have made a purchase contract on a new home and are already packing. :) The buyer now tells us he is adament about NOT buying our house. :( Is he legally bound? Can we force him to buy or what are the reprecussions for him if any? I just really have my heart set on this and we have gone through sooo much to get this far.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Connie
My response: no one here knows if the Buyer must buy since we do not know the contingencies in your contract. Have a real estate attorney review your contract.

C

chetrick

no written contingencies

Thanks for the reply.

There were no contingencies. He was pre-approved and is suppossed to sign the mortgage loan tomorrow. Only specifically mentioned what he wanted left in the house. He even past on the home inspection.

The story is he may not have his contract renewed with the district school he works for and may have to seek work elsewhere.

Connie

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">