• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a Condo Assoc. prevent a Satellite dish?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chicagokid

I live in a Condo. I want to install a 18 inch satellite dish in order to get direct Tv. The condo rules say I can't put any satellite dishes on the property. I heard this was illegal for the Condo Assoc to do, is it? Is there case law on this supporting my position? I need help, please! Thank you in advance

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chicagokid:
I live in a Condo. I want to install a 18 inch satellite dish in order to get direct Tv. The condo rules say I can't put any satellite dishes on the property. I heard this was illegal for the Condo Assoc to do, is it? Is there case law on this supporting my position? I need help, please! Thank you in advance<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You do not need to refer to case law, you need to refer to your condo documents. The documents most likely state that under no circumstances is a condo unit owner allowed to attach, alter etc. a common area/element in the project. This would include your placing a satellite dish or your automobile for that matter on the roof or anywhere on the building including without limitation, walls, floors, ceilings, outbuildings, tennis courts, pool decks, balconies, landscaping, grounds, fences, parking areas, plumbing, mechanical and electrical systems, elevator/boiler/HVAC rooms, etc.

There is case law suporting the condo associations' position.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">