• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can the HOA force me to move a fence that was approved prior to installation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nlw224

Indiana

I recently purchased a house and had a fence installed. Prior to the installation I submitted the required forms and a drawing of the proposed fence to the HOA for approval and received a letter indicating that my request had been approved as submitted. The installation of the fence was completed about a month ago, after I received approval from the HOA and city. Today, I received a letter from the HOA indicating that my fence was to close to the street and would need to be moved to the back corner of the house. The drawing I submitted clearly indicated that the fence was to be installed even to the front of the house. The cost to move the fence and wasted materials will be pretty significant. Can the HOA force me to move the fence? Even though I had approval prior to the installation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">