• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can HOA of TH enforce "Vicious Dog" policy?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jenson

Hi,

I am from Santa Clara County, CA. I am posting this question for my co-worker, who happens to have just bought a TH right across from my TH. But we have 2 different HOA.

Recently, in his association, they passed a policy of "no Vicious Dog" can be owned in that HOA. This occurred after 2 Rottweilers were roaming around with no leashes on the complex and growling at neighbors. I don't think it bit anyone and the dogs belonged to one of the residents of this HOA.

My co-worker also owns a 7 year old female rottweiler that is trained. The President of this board is now going around trying to tell all the owners that they have to get rid of their "vicious dog." And I guess that the board is determining what falls under "vicious dogs." This neighborhood owns a lot of pit bulls, although I have not heard of any attacks or anything like that. I own one myself and have taken every pre-caution to make sure that he doesn't get loose and scare my neighbors. He is just a pet and is a very sweet dog (I think it is how the owners train their dog, that is what is important).

What I want to know is that can the board of this HOA enforce this "no vicious dog" policy since the townhomes are individually owned?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">