• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I dispose of someone else's personal property ASAP - Michigan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jenjen5917

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I am trying to find out legally I can dispose of my ex boyfriends property? Back in July he moved all of his stuff up to Michigan with the intent to move in. This never happened....as I seen what a mistake it was going to be, and quickly put a nix to it. However.....since 7/4/03 his belongings have been stored in my garage. I have contacted him several times to find out when he will come get his stuff.....and receive a response "I don't have the money....hopefully by November" I'm sorry....but I'm not free storage!!! Yesterday I walked into the garage to get the lawn mower...and seen a big huge bug run when I opened the garage door. I freeked (saw more than 1) and called my girlfriend...apparently now I have "roaches". I spent $40 last night buying everything I could to kill them (hopefully it worked)...but because the garage is so packed full of his junk....they could be hiding anywhere. I called him yesterday frantically...stating that he had until Thursday garbage day to get this stuff out of here....or I would do it for him (care of the garbage man).

However...now I'm wondering legally if I can do this. I am not waiting until Nov. to get this stuff out of here....and he needs to take his pets with him!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">