• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i get a refund for work not completed..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

badtz1

I just closed on a brand new house on Sept 22, 00. As part of my contract(addendum) i purchased porch railings, $550.00. As of today, they are still not in place. The foreman of the site asked me a week ago, "do you still want the porch railings?" I told him, "of course, i paid for them!" He said at that time, "i could get your money back!" I later thought about it and since this house is so poorly constructed,i decided i would rather have the refund, so the front of the house was not an eyesore, the porch railings would barely fit anyway. I told him i would take the money and at that point he told me he would see what he could do! Turns out, the site realtor called me and said it couldn't be done because it is in my loan and the commissions were based on a final amount that included the porch railings. Do i have any recourse? I would appreciate any help/advise you could give me. Thank you!

D

David J. Miller

Get the railings but don't have them installed then take them back to the supplier for a full refund. This assumes, the $550 does not include a ton of labor.

As for recourse, your contract says you wanted them so you have no recourse.

I am not an attorney. But you may be interested to know that I was in the 4-H club as a boy... I really only went because there were a lot of hot girls that went, so I really didn't learn anything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">