• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I Sell My Beneficial Interest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

roamer5

What is the name of your state? FL

This relates to some previous posts of mine about life interest. I am the beneficiary of a condo of which someone has a life interest. That person has not resided there for at least two years and has no intention of returning.

A real estate investor has offered me 75% of market value understanding the situation. I will sign the necessary papers so that when the life interest no longer exists (buyer will probably file for partition), the buyer receives the property rather than me.

Is this a legal transaction and are there any potential problems for either the buyer or myself?

HomeGuru

roamer5 said:
What is the name of your state? FL

This relates to some previous posts of mine about life interest. I am the beneficiary of a condo of which someone has a life interest. That person has not resided there for at least two years and has no intention of returning.

A real estate investor has offered me 75% of market value understanding the situation. I will sign the necessary papers so that when the life interest no longer exists (buyer will probably file for partition), the buyer receives the property rather than me.

Is this a legal transaction

**A: yes.

and are there any potential problems for either the buyer or myself?

**A: yes. Consult with your attorney and CPA.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">