• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can Mowing grass gain title to land?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GORDON BROWN

What is the name of your state? WV

My six brothers & sisters own property in WV. This was our grandmother's homestead. A neighbor has been continually mowing grass past the property line to enlarge his side lawn. If we have not requested for him to mow this area can he possibly gain a deed to this land that he has been mowing?

Info has been shared about a church that is loosing property which had been continually mowed by a neighbor for more than 10 years. The church has been told by an attorney that they can't stop the action being taken against them.

Currently, all but one sister lives in other states. Noone permanently lives on our property. Some will visit there and stay in camper or the hunting cabin. When we visit, we mow the property to keep it maintained.

Your help will be appreciated.What is the name of your state?

averad

Call the police and file tresspassing charges.

If by mowing alone one could gain a deed, I believe all of USA would be owned by illegal immigrants.

Last edited:

BelizeBreeze

GORDON BROWN said:
What is the name of your state? WV

My six brothers & sisters own property in WV. This was our grandmother's homestead. A neighbor has been continually mowing grass past the property line to enlarge his side lawn. If we have not requested for him to mow this area can he possibly gain a deed to this land that he has been mowing?

Info has been shared about a church that is loosing property which had been continually mowed by a neighbor for more than 10 years. The church has been told by an attorney that they can't stop the action being taken against them.

Currently, all but one sister lives in other states. Noone permanently lives on our property. Some will visit there and stay in camper or the hunting cabin. When we visit, we mow the property to keep it maintained.

Your help will be appreciated.What is the name of your state?
The next time you visit the property put up a fence.

averad

GORDON BROWN said:
Who gave you this information?

AngieW

AngieW

I was informed by an attorney that this is actually true after 21 years. I had the same problem with a neighbor, so sought an attorney's advice. I recently put up a fence, and now they stopped.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">