• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can a nursing home make you sell your home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rlbunny

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas
I'm not sure where to post this, so if it needs to be under another forum please somebody let me know. Thanks.
My mother has Alzheimer’s. My sister has moved in with her & has been taking care of her for the last 2 years. My mother’s home is a 2002 mobile home, valued at maybe $22,000.00. As this disease progresses we know that a nursing home is inevitable. Especially since my sister has to work at least 30 hrs. a week for them to get by. We (my brothers & I) feel that since my sister has been the primary care giver for my mom that when Mom dies, she should be able to keep the home. We have been getting conflicting information. Some say that the nursing home would be able to take her property since she only draws $680.00 a month. And that we should put the home in my sister name now. Others say they can't & just leave things as they are. We really don't have they funds to consult an attorney.
Thanks so much for your time.
E

pojo2

Transferring the home now would NOT be a good idea without the assistance of an Atty to do so properly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">