• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can some one give away the deed to my home legally when they dont have it

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tersylz1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CALIFORNIA I HAVE A QUIT CLAIM DEED ON MY MOMS HOME, IN 2014 WE TRANSFERED THE DEED TO A SECOND PARTY THIS SECOND PARTY NEVER FINISHED OR COMPLETED TRANSACTION BY PAYING OFF MORTGAGE TO RECIEVE DEED. RECENTLY WE WERE INFORMED BY A THIRD PARTY THAT THE SECOND PARTY GAVE OUR GRANT DEED TO THIS THIRD PARTY FOR PAYMENT THAT THE SECOND PARTY COULD NOT REPAY TO THE THIRD PARTY. THIS THIRD PARTY HAS TOLD US WE HAVE TO VACATE THE PROPERTY BECAUSE THEY NOW OWN MY PROPERTY!!! I HAVE CALLED THE MORTGAGE COMPANY AND THE TITLE COMPANY AND THEY BOTH TOLD ME THAT THIS IS NOT LEGAL AND THAT THE SECOND PARTY NEVER COMPLETED THE TRANSACTION WITH THE TITLE COMPANY AND MY MORTGAGE COMPANY SO THE SECOND PARTY NEVER PAID MY MORTGAGE COMPANY OFF SO THEY NEVER RECIEVED THE DEED SO THERE NAME OR THE THIRD PARTY IS NOT ON THE LOAN. SO PLEASE HELP WE DO NOT HAVE ANY MONEY BECAUSE ALSO THIS SECOND PARTY HAS TAKEN MY HUSBANDS IRA THAT WE INVESTED THROUGH HIM WITH HIS COMPANY HE TOOK THE WHOLE THING SO WE ALSO HAVE NO NEST EGG. WE WERE TOLD BY THE THIRD PARTY WE ARE IN A PONZI SCHEME!!!! PLEASE TELL ME IF WE HAVE LOST OUR HOME TOO. THE LOAN IS CURRENT BECAUSE THE THIRD PARTY BROUGHT IT CURRENT IN MAY AND WE PAID JUNE AND WE ARE ABOUT TO PAY JULYS MORTGAGE. PLEASE RESPOND WE WERE TOLD WE HAVE TILL AUGUST TO MOVE

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CALIFORNIA I HAVE A QUIT CLAIM DEED ON MY MOMS HOME, IN 2014 WE TRANSFERED THE DEED TO A SECOND PARTY THIS SECOND PARTY NEVER FINISHED OR COMPLETED TRANSACTION BY PAYING OFF MORTGAGE TO RECIEVE DEED. RECENTLY WE WERE INFORMED BY A THIRD PARTY THAT THE SECOND PARTY GAVE OUR GRANT DEED TO THIS THIRD PARTY FOR PAYMENT THAT THE SECOND PARTY COULD NOT REPAY TO THE THIRD PARTY. THIS THIRD PARTY HAS TOLD US WE HAVE TO VACATE THE PROPERTY BECAUSE THEY NOW OWN MY PROPERTY!!! I HAVE CALLED THE MORTGAGE COMPANY AND THE TITLE COMPANY AND THEY BOTH TOLD ME THAT THIS IS NOT LEGAL AND THAT THE SECOND PARTY NEVER COMPLETED THE TRANSACTION WITH THE TITLE COMPANY AND MY MORTGAGE COMPANY SO THE SECOND PARTY NEVER PAID MY MORTGAGE COMPANY OFF SO THEY NEVER RECIEVED THE DEED SO THERE NAME OR THE THIRD PARTY IS NOT ON THE LOAN. SO PLEASE HELP WE DO NOT HAVE ANY MONEY BECAUSE ALSO THIS SECOND PARTY HAS TAKEN MY HUSBANDS IRA THAT WE INVESTED THROUGH HIM WITH HIS COMPANY HE TOOK THE WHOLE THING SO WE ALSO HAVE NO NEST EGG. WE WERE TOLD BY THE THIRD PARTY WE ARE IN A PONZI SCHEME!!!! PLEASE TELL ME IF WE HAVE LOST OUR HOME TOO. THE LOAN IS CURRENT BECAUSE THE THIRD PARTY BROUGHT IT CURRENT IN MAY AND WE PAID JUNE AND WE ARE ABOUT TO PAY JULYS MORTGAGE. PLEASE RESPOND WE WERE TOLD WE HAVE TILL AUGUST TO MOVE
Why did you give them a deed in which you granted them the property? If they filed the deed, you lost ownership of your house. You have issues. Time to get a lawyer.

tersylz1

But i am being told that this man never paid my mortgage company off, there fore he does not own my home. And he cant even get into the account or loan neither can the third party with out me. Are you positive??? Or please someone anyone else reply???/ ALSO WE COULDNT AFFORD THE MORTGAGE AT THE TIME SO WE WERE PAYING RENT IN EXCHANGE FOR HIM TO SAVE OUR HOME AND THATS WHY THIS YEAR WE INVESTED OUR IRA WITH HIM INTO HIS COMPANY WICH WAS TO SUBSADIZE THE MORTGAGE AND SAVE OUR HOME!!!! AND HE LIED AND HAD ALREADY GIVEN OUR PROPERTY AWAY AND TOOK OUR WHOLE IRA

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
But i am being told that this man never paid my mortgage company off, there fore he does not own my home. And he cant even get into the account or loan neither can the third party with out me. Are you positive??? Or please someone anyone else reply???/
Deed conveys ownership. Loan is about debt. You owe the debt on a house you do NOT own if he recorded the deed. Yes, I am positive. Why did you give HIM the deed rather than having the deed held in escrow?

LdiJ

You need to take all of the paperwork that you have for all of these transactions and get a consult with a local real estate attorney. Nobody is going to be able to give you real advice unless they can review all of the paperwork.

There is a chance that you got scammed. There is a chance that you did not get scammed but made a deal that you did not understand. A local attorney who can review all of the paperwork will be able to give you a better opinion.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You need to take all of the paperwork that you have for all of these transactions and get a consult with a local real estate attorney. Nobody is going to be able to give you real advice unless they can review all of the paperwork.

There is a chance that you got scammed. There is a chance that you did not get scammed but made a deal that you did not understand. A local attorney who can review all of the paperwork will be able to give you a better opinion.
Said that in my first response!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">