• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can They Do Anything At All?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

axefine

I was helping an elderly couple (family friend) filling out their home refinancing application form.A particular question about their past ownership of other properties brought me to this site.They bought a property in the Bay Area of San Francisco Ca.in the early 90's.He defaulted on his mortgage payment (long story)fearing foreclosures they ended up transfering the whole property(not sold) to their nephew.They paid $91,000.00 as the down payment for that 2stories property.This immigrant couple can't READ or WRITE and all they get from their nephew was $6000.00. and a promise that they can stay there for free on the bottom floor.Few months later a letter arrived for them to start paying the rent of $600.per months until they finally can afford a new property and move out.We can clearly see here that they were taken advatage off because of their inability to read or write.My question is there any legal action they can take against their nephew?Is there anything they can do at all?Any advise will be much appreciated

Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">