• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can township do this???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sharonp

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin
My husband and I own some empty lots in Bloomfield township. We want to sell them, and after receiving an offer to purchase, discovered that the township has designated our property as a storm water retention area. This is so bogus. I have no idea when this was done, as we received no notice and our tax assessment has remained the same. We are also getting a run-around now with regards to getting this classification changed.
Can they do this with no notification? Are there any options we can take? Thank you
Sharon

FarmerJ

Have you contacted the TWP clerk to see how any notice of this action was given ? If He/She says it was published in local paper get the details . this Info will help you when you consult with a attorney.

S

sharonp

Thanks for the advice. I will check this out. Because we did not receive any type of notice in the mail. And I know they could have gotten our address. The town treasurer has our address for property tax purposes.
Sharon

FarmerJ

Since your in a TWP most likely the TWP board might not be able to answer clearly , but your county attys office might be able to tell you what means of notifying twp residents or affected property owners of any zoning changes is acceptable in your state .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">