• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can we remove his name form the property deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

missm

What is the name of your state? massachusetts

I have been married for 1 1/2 years. We bought the house using my money( as a down payment ) from selling my other house. My husband has left and wants no part of the house or anything. He is not helping with the mortage, he doesn't work much at all and it is clear who pays for the mortgage and all other bills. He is willing to sign everything over to me....how can I remove him from the deed so that I can re-finance while the rates are low. I am afraid by the time the divorce is final the rates will be too high.

HomeGuru

missm said:
What is the name of your state? massachusetts

I have been married for 1 1/2 years. We bought the house using my money( as a down payment ) from selling my other house. My husband has left and wants no part of the house or anything. He is not helping with the mortage, he doesn't work much at all and it is clear who pays for the mortgage and all other bills. He is willing to sign everything over to me....how can I remove him from the deed so that I can re-finance while the rates are low. I am afraid by the time the divorce is final the rates will be too high.
**A: have him quit claim deed the property to you and apply to refi the loan.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">