• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can't give it away

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Irret

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
The City of Lake Elsinore, CA sold me a lot 50 years ago. Since then they have changed the zoning laws and now say the lot is undersized and unbuildable. Neither the City or the County want the lot. It has to be cleaned of brush and weeds every year. There is a steep charge if the city has to clear the lot which I will be charged for. Also the taxes. How can I get rid of this lot without ruining my credit. ? Any info would be appreciated:eek:

justalayman

Have you attempted to sell or give it away to an adjacent landowner?

I don't know how your property taxes work but if they reposses property for delinquent taxes you could always stop paying them.

You may also look into arguing the lot should be grandfathered regarding size. If they argue against that you might try a really big stretch arguing there was a taking without due compensation when they converted the lot from buildable into an unbuildable lot.

Last edited:

Irret

can't give it away

This is a hillside of unbuildable small lots that no one wants. Also, I have other property in the county that they could put a lien on for back taxes and weed abatement fees from the unbuildable lot. I'm just thinking that since the City of Elsinore approved these lots when they were sold-they should have the responsibility.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">