• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car back up alarm

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Peanutz

From Canada, my neighbour next door are planning to sue my uncle over his vehicle back up alarm for compensation money. I believe they plan on taking possesion of his semi home. He genuinly didn't know about noise complaints and always believe that the police will always give warnings if theres a problem. As a result, my neighbour have been laughing about the hidden fines that accumlated over time. My uncle is niave and had good intention of installing for safety reason and didnt think it was illegal of installing it since they sell it on eBay or Canadian Tire. Some construction vechile or trucks have backup alarm too. What to do? How long will we be arrested?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
From Canada, my neighbour next door are planning to sue my uncle over his vehicle back up alarm for compensation money. I believe they plan on taking possesion of his semi home. He genuinly didn't know about noise complaints and always believe that the police will always give warnings if theres a problem. As a result, my neighbour have been laughing about the hidden fines that accumlated over time. My uncle is niave and had good intention of installing for safety reason and didnt think it was illegal of installing it since they sell it on eBay or Canadian Tire. Some construction vechile or trucks have backup alarm too. What to do? How long will we be arrested?
Don't know. The US hasn't annexed Canada yet. You might be hung from the neck until almost dead, then drawn and quartered, with the parts sent out to other municipalities as a warning to other would-be neighbor annoyers. :cool:

PaulMass

Don't know. The US hasn't annexed Canada yet. You might be hung from the neck until almost dead, then drawn and quartered, with the parts sent out to other municipalities as a warning to other would-be neighbor annoyers. :cool:
It's nice to see the quality of the responses on this site hasn't changed.

Peanutz, if Geekness is correct, and the potential penalties really exist for installing a backup alarm, I suggest your Uncle flee to the United States, and request Political Asylum. The same application would allow him to request protection under the Convention Against Torture (CAT).

I suspect Geekness was trying to rudely inform you that the senior members of this site have made a near-unanimous decision that the ambiguous question posed, "What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?" does not mean that the question only need be answered if you are in the United States, but actually means "Don't ask questions about non-US law".

In any event, I suggest your uncle talk to whomever may be attempting to collect these "hidden fines that accumlated over time". Fines are generally assessed by the government, not by neighbours. I also doubt that his home is at risk over this.

It really sounds like the neighbour is a bully. I suggest ignoring him, and seeking competent legal advice. At a minimum, contact the city/town/village/whatever and see if you can find information about noise laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">