• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cemetery influence on property valuation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hankus

It's disappointing that "Senior Members", such as "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" and "hexeliebe", choose to treat what could be an informative forum thread as merely an opportunity to pursue personal tittilitorial excursions.

The observation/comment of "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" suggested a possible grasp of the issue proposed in my post. However, "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" clearly demonstrates a penchant for cursory examination of an issue. In absolute terms,"I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" states "The ARB is absolutely correct. As such, this is a dead issue". This comment addressed the posted statement that the ARB reasoned "You should have thought about that [negative influence of a cemetery] before you bought the property".

"I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" failed to consider that perhaps the property was purchased below market value due to presence of a cemetery. Such is actually the case.

A situation analogous to the posted cemetery issue would be the purchase of a property at less than market value due to presence of a hazardous waste dumpsite on the property. Why should
an ARB be justified in valueing such a property as if the hazardous dumpsite did not exist?

Please, "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE", what am I overlooking in the above analogy?

H

hankus

Thanks, HomeGuru

Thanks for the advice! Guess I'll now try to "get a life". It's amazing that a simple, uncomplicated effort to gain some knowledge has little value to the subscribers.

Bon Nuit.

H

hexeliebe

"I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" failed to consider that perhaps the property was purchased below market value due to presence of a cemetery.
ANSWER: Perhaps you failed to realize that you were coming to a LEGAL forum, not Dear Abbey. No one worth a damn is going to give you a pat on the head and tell you everything is o.k.

What you will receive is LEGAL advice. It's what you received. Plain and Simple. So either accept it and move on or piss and moan somewhere else.

Life and taxes ain't fair.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">