• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cemetery influence on property valuation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hankus

Texas.

My county Appraisal Review Board claims that the old half-acre cemetery located in the rear of my homestead does not reduce
the marketable value of my property.

The state of Texas requires property owners to allow access to
cemeteries located on their property. Cemetery visitors regularly
park in my driveway and sometimes even drive across my unfenced back yard in order to get closer to the cemetery!

The ARB's criteria for claiming that the cemetery has no influence
on my property value is that "You should have thought about
that before you bought the property".

Is there a precendent in the case law of Texas (or any other U.S.
jurisdiction) that supports a claim that the presence of a cemetery
negatively affects the value of the property on which the cemetery
is located?

Thanks for any advice on this issue.

John Lewis

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

hankus said:
Texas.

The ARB's criteria for claiming that the cemetery has no influence
on my property value is that "You should have thought about
that before you bought the property".

=================================

My response:

The ARB is absolutely correct. As such, this is a dead issue.

IAAL

H

hexeliebe

As such, this is a dead issue.
WELL DAMN! You stole my line. O.K. I'll leave the cute little blonde alone and stay for awhile.

H

hexeliebe

Were you trying to get hold of my younger brother. I think he has been using my username and password....but he's not here right now.

You can probably get hold of him at the Nashville Correctional facility ...

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

hexeliebe said:
Were you trying to get hold of my younger brother. I think he has been using my username and password....but he's not here right now.

You can probably get hold of him at the Nashville Correctional facility ...

My response:

Thanks for making me laugh. I've been feeling down in the dumps - - like someone who lives in a trailer.

But, because of you, I'm feeling MUCH better now.

IAAL

H

hexeliebe

You should come to Nashville. We're getting ready to take over for the Hatfields and McCoys....and it ain't gonna be pretty....but it's going to be FUN!!!!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

hexeliebe said:
You should come to Nashville. We're getting ready to take over for the Hatfields and McCoys....and it ain't gonna be pretty....but it's going to be FUN!!!!

My response:

The only reason I can think of for going to Tennessee is to try to help start the feud up all over again.

I'd probably go up to Nellie McCoy and say, "Hey, Nellie. Did you hear that Donna Sue Hatfield called you a skank, tramp, piece of scum, trailer trash?"

That should get the shootin' started!

IAAL

H

hexeliebe

Hell, I doubt it. They already know they're skanks...

I do have a new sport though that you might like....When I'm out on the tractor and see a tour bus stopping at Amy Grant's house across the road, I pull into the road and go 5 mph...

GAWD it's FUN!!!!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

hexeliebe said:
Hell, I doubt it. They already know they're skanks...

I do have a new sport though that you might like....When I'm out on the tractor and see a tour bus stopping at Amy Grant's house across the road, I pull into the road and go 5 mph...

GAWD it's FUN!!!!

My response:

Well, at least she's a little closer to your age!

Next time, turbocharge that tractor and get it going about 25 mph.

IAAL

H

hexeliebe

I have a little 450SL if I want to wizz past them and flip the finger.....

And believe me, most days I do.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

hexeliebe said:
I have a little 450SL if I want to wizz past them and flip the finger.....

And believe me, most days I do.

My response:

Then, you must flip them off with your left hand finger because you got to hold your "lavaliered thing" with your right hand while your "wizzing" on 'em!

IAAL

H

hexeliebe

Sounds like our big guy is getting in a better mood.....

Now, to answer your question, I have a cardboard fan I used at the Iriquois Race last month and I drew the finger on it so I wouldn't overwork myself....

Hey, I'm old, fat and socially unacceptable....why work to piss people off?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Yes, since talking with you, I'm feeling much better. I really enjoy talking with you. You make me laugh - - and right now, laughing is my best medicine - - along with the Valium.

Thanks for being there. But, I know, all it's going to take is another stupid-ass post by some stupid-ass nincompoop, and it's going to be shot to hell. I just know it.

IAAL

H

hexeliebe

Don't worry bud, I'll stick it out with you. Now that's a picture for vaudeville....the conservative and the old hippy.....I'll even let you have top billing but I get the perrier.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">