• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Century 21 did not follow through with refinance paper

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nlouie

I live in San Jose, CA. In November 13 of 2001, I went to Dan Nguyen of Century 21 in San Jose to help me refinance our home. He gave me a good rate and said that he would handle the appraisal and the loan paper. After 3 weeks when I called to find out the status, he said that he did not give the appraisal papers to Washington Mutual. It looks like he never follow through with any of the paper work. Can I do anything?

N

nlouie

When I tried to get a hold of his manager, they (Century 21) told me that he works for himself. Is his principal broker the same as a manager? Thanks

HomeGuru

That is a load of crap.
Let me fill you in so you have the upperhand.
Dan the man without a plan is a real estate agent that is an I Contractor for tax and employment purposes. He does not work for himself as far as real estate licensing is concerned. He works under the principal broker and said broker is DIRECTLY responsible for his actions. There could be a sales manager, manager, broker-in-charge or whatever the title is but the key person is the principal broker of the company as far as regulatory licensing and liability. There may be other indivduals that you could talk to such as the owner(s) of the company. You could also file a complaint with the State Real Estate Dept. Then there is the Board of Realtors. You could also contact the corporate headquarters of C-21.
Keep us posted.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">