• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charitable Donation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

llg871

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

I have given 17 bags of clothes and shoes to salvation army. They have given me a receipt. However the receipt only shows how many bags I gave but not cash value of the bags. I know I can give a cash value up to $250 or $300 without submitting a receipt to IRS. But the amount of clothes and shoes I have given is more than this amount. I do my taxes on line. How can I get credit for giving more than $300.00 of charitable goods. Will IRS ask for a copy of the receipts when I do my taxes on line? If so, does there have to be an amount written on the receipt showing the cash value of the clothes and shoes?

FarmerJ

This is not a real estate issue, perhaps tax guides can help you determine the value of each item to write next to the list you made of what was in the bags item by item as you were packing it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">