• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Children's Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cole455

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

Hello,

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this but here goes.

My parents are elderly and I would like to prevent them from selling their property. Is there a legal method to do this ? If so, where can I obtain information about it.

Thank You

HomeGuru

cole455 said:
What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

Hello,

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this but here goes.

My parents are elderly and I would like to prevent them from selling their property. Is there a legal method to do this ? If so, where can I obtain information about it.

Thank You
**A: what are the motivating factors?

nextwife

Are they mentally competent? If so, it is entirely their right to do whatever they wish. Just as they cannot stop an you, an adult child, from selling YOUR property.

If you believe they are BOTH mentally incompetent, commence a legal guardianship action..

If you believe they are being scammed by someone call your state dept of consumer protection and check out the other party to see if there is any record.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">