• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cigarette Smoke

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mamansfield

Help! My husband and I own a condominium in Westchester County, New York, and we are having a problem with our neighbor's cigarette smoke entering our home via the the central a/c ducts.

We have complained about this situation to the company which manages our condominium complex as well as the health department. Both parties have told us that they can do nothing since the smoke is coming from another unit, and the unit owner has a right to smoke in his home.

My question is what about our rights?! My husband has asthma and a family history of lung disease. Is it really true that we have no choice but to be subjected to our neighbors smoke in our own home?

Sincerely,

Michelle Mansfield

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">