• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

City vacates the road in front of my property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Passwork

I live in California and have a property that connected to highway 1 directly from the street it is on. The city told me that they were going to temporarily close the road in order to work on it, and then I just found out that they "vacated" the road and that I can't ever use it again.

This is a major problem because I bought the location because of the access to highway 1. Now I have to drive all the way through the town (I live in the rural part) in order to get up to anything--including the hospital where I have weekly appointments.

I did some research and found the California Streets and Highway Code section 8353 that says that I can file an easement. But I don't understand any of this stuff.

Please help.

HomeGuru

I live in California and have a property that connected to highway 1 directly from the street it is on. The city told me that they were going to temporarily close the road in order to work on it, and then I just found out that they "vacated" the road and that I can't ever use it again.

This is a major problem because I bought the location because of the access to highway 1. Now I have to drive all the way through the town (I live in the rural part) in order to get up to anything--including the hospital where I have weekly appointments.

I did some research and found the California Streets and Highway Code section 8353 that says that I can file an easement. But I don't understand any of this stuff.

Please help.

**A: you can't file anything. If the city so desires they can grant you an easement.
I highly doubt that this will happen though.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">