• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

class action suit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mingchu

We live in a townhome for the past 10 years. Our townhome is aproximately 25 years old. A few years ago, we noticed alot of cracks in the interior of our townhome. We have a couple of exterior walls that have separated from the main structure. Our home is built on a slight hill. Our neighbor told me last week that her townhome have a retaining wall to hold the townhome from sliding when she bought the home a few years ago. She also explained to me that the builder built the home on the hill without anchoring it and making a leveled foundation before building the homes.

I was also told by a landscape maintenace contractor that the drainaige in the common areas are bad too.

A few years ago, a townhome located a couple of doors away from us was remodeling. I noticed the kitchen floor was not leveled. The contractor said because there's poor drainaige in the townhome, the water have no place to go. I also noticed that our kitchen floor is somewhat slanted too.

Recently from talking to my neighbors that I realized that the builder did not do a good job in building these townhomes have caused these and other problems in our townhomes and common areas.

We were wondering if we can do a class action suit against builder? Can you tell me if there's an expiration time for such a class action suit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">