• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Closing discrepancy 3 yrs. after the fact

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pauloh141

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ga.
I closed on a piece of property almost 3 years ago. It was handled by a law firm who had never done a closing before as a favor to the seller. Several months after the closing, they contacted me and said I still owed a large amt. of money,$220k. I sent them proof of the wire transfer where they did receive it. A few weeks later, they contacted me and said I still owed a lesser amt,$57k....I sent them a copy of the check in question which they had cashed. That seemed to be the end of it. However, just recently, they contacted me again after almost 3 years and are now saying I still owe roughly $12k. I am very leery of their competentcy and frankly are not sure how to proceed. Any suggestions?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

pauloh141

statute of limitations?

Isn't there some sort of statute of limitations on a closing dispute such as this? Quite frankly, I am going to have a hard time finding all those documents now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">