• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

closing not achieved

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sunnnnie

north carolina real estate question. our closing was set for may 16, 2008. it didnt happen. and now the lawyer wants to keep our downpayment because the seller had no right to sell the property. the land has several federal taxes owed and it is triple the asking price. the lawyer also claims that my husband and i are responsible for all of his expenses although he was hired on behave of the seller because he feels we are a sure bet for his getting paid and of course he has our money in his account and refuses to return our money. oh and did i mention that the land has been relisted? please help us. we are at our wits end and the listing agent that we have been working with since march of this year refuses to speak with us. hhhhheeeeellllllpppppp. please.

FlyingRon

The lawyer is blowing smoke. You are not responsible for paying his fees. Demand immediate return in writing. If he doesn't respond either take him to small claims or retain your own lawyer depending on the amount involved.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">