• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

co sign on daughter property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

freesample1

What is the name of your state? California. My wife and I have co-signed on our daughter and her husbands new house. It seems that we keep seeing him get himself into trouble. If he lost his job and couldn't make the payments what would happen to us or our home? Also is there insurance to cover this liability?
We just thought that he needed to grow up. However he just doesn't seem to get it.

Thank you.

HomeGuru

freesample1 said:
What is the name of your state? California. My wife and I have co-signed on our daughter and her husbands new house. It seems that we keep seeing him get himself into trouble. If he lost his job and couldn't make the payments what would happen to us or our home?

**A: nothing would happen because I know you are responsible people and will make the mortgage payments in accordance with the mortgage and note that you also signed.

Also is there insurance to cover this liability?

**A: no, there is no so called deadbeat or laxyman's insurance. There is disability or mortgage insurance that would cover in the event of a disability or job loss. Check with your lender and insurance agent.

We just thought that he needed to grow up. However he just doesn't seem to get it.

Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">