• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

commercial building problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mcwinkavich

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois...I have a contract to buy a commercial building...I have worked for the last 3 months building a buisness plan around this building...the listing sheet clearly states that the building has a rubber roof and the agent repeated stated the roof is 1.5 years old...In the contract I asked for information on the roof warranty...I was given the name of the roofer and when contacted they stated that they did not replace the roof but instead repaied a leak 1.5 years ago...They further stated that the roof is'nt rubber and is approximatedly 20 years old...I had the roof inspected and was told it was in very poor shape and needed a full tear off / replacement...I was iven a quote for a rubber roof with 20 year warranty...I then attached an addendum to the contract requesting the seller drop the price by 85% of the cost of the new roof...I would pay 15% giveing value to the fact that the bulding was listed as having a 1.5 year old rubber roof...The seller rejected my addendum and will not make any adjustment to the price and will not replace the roof on her own...Do I have any legal recourse for the misrepresentation by both the seller and agent?

Last edited:

FarmerJ

It fair guess to say somewhere in the documents from the realtor is going to be a statement that says something to the effect that the information the realtor has may not be accurate or that the realtor is not responsible for errors in the listing information. SO I would tell you to speak to a real estate atty. Its a mess and thats the best way to find out what you can do about it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">