• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Commercial lease with no occupancy permit by landlord

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cabheraff

?: Leased a commercial space for two years, to only find out have we were "red-tagged" by the county that we were in violation of the county codes for no permit for an interior build-out, which we did not build and was there when we moved in. Thus the reason we moved in. Now the landlord and County are at war because the landlord did not have a final occupancy permit. The landlord defrauded all 22 tenants, and had some of them gone for build-out perits they would not have received one because there was no occupany permit.
At the advice of our attorney we did not pay the rent, and moved to interevne in their ongoing litagation, which recently has become an agreed order, and the lanlord has served us with a five day notice.
What do you think?

ALawyer

I suggest that you go back to the attorney who advised you originally and follow his or her advice -- and if you are dissatisfied with your lawyer, consult another one who does real estate locally.

These matters are very state and locality specific and knowledge of the local laws and judges and practices is essential!

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">