• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Company Minority Owner/ Real Estate Broker

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mattsmulligan

I own 25% of a company that is going to be purchasing business and real estate in other states.

Can I ask for a referral fee paid to my brokerage? Do I have to have an agent involved if I'm an owner? Do I need to find someone to write up the paper work and take a referral fee?

Pretty easy duty for the in-state agent, exclusive buyer and already identified properties for sale.

How would you handle this?

mattsmulligan

Right... Every state is different. We are hoping to just represent our selves and at least collect a referral fee. Just trying to see if any pro's out there have advice on how they would handle it...

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Right... Every state is different. We are hoping to just represent our selves and at least collect a referral fee. Just trying to see if any pro's out there have advice on how they would handle it...
Are you asking if there are any pros that would have experience in every possible municipality that you may be considering operating in?

Your question is too broad for an internet forum.

justalayman

where do you see your company in place to get a referral fee? Are you saying your brokerage is not the entity purchasing the properties?

if that is the case, as a broker, you should already know this or know where to find it without asking a bunch of strangers on an internet forum.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">