• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Concrete Cracks in slab...Need help fast

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

peaches1321

I need help!! My husband and I purchased a twinhome from a builder 15 months ago, since we have been in contact with him on a regular basis with things that are wrong with the home (poor building quality). Now we have found after pulling up the carpet that we have major concrete cracks, as we had suspected, but much worse!!! Now the builder has said he will purchase the property back from us, at the same price we purchased it for. Subtracting, closing costs and his realator fee's for the purchase. I do not think this is fair at all!! and to top it off, we have a prepay penalty which is 4200.00!! We put 20% cash down at closing and now with this, that is all pretty much gone!! What can we do? Do we have any legal grounds here, I would be just happy to break even here, even if we were down by a couple thousand that would be ok, I just can not afford to be down by every penny!! We Live in the state of wisconsin, and we are not even sure if the prepay penalties, are permitted here, I had read somewhere that mortgage co. can not charge them in the state of wisconsin, is this true? Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated!!

peaches1321

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">