• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Condition of the property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

slokes

Is there any laws that protect you from the condition the property is left in. I just bought a house and the previous owner left so much garbage that it is going to cost money to remove it. I also have noticed the lights dim when the pump runs, which would indicate some type of problem, and that was not disclosed at all. I don't have alot of money to fix a major item right now due to the fact the house was left in such terrible condition it will take every dime I have to clean it and make it home.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by slokes:
Is there any laws that protect you from the condition the property is left in. I just bought a house and the previous owner left so much garbage that it is going to cost money to remove it. I also have noticed the lights dim when the pump runs, which would indicate some type of problem, and that was not disclosed at all. I don't have alot of money to fix a major item right now due to the fact the house was left in such terrible condition it will take every dime I have to clean it and make it home. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you use a Realtor or an attorney? Most states have a seller property condition disclosure law. The garbage would be obvious but electrical problems should have been disclosed by the Seller. If you got a home inspection, you would have had more information about the condition of the property and based your decision to buy on the home inspection report.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">