• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Condo Association Wants Social Security Number For Application?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DelrayChris

Florida / Broward County

Here is the situation, I am closing on a condo property, and have been given the condo documents, and the condo association "application". Property is being financed via a bank, and NOT the association.

On the condo association application it asks for my social security number, bank account numbers/info, and the information on the bank who is issuing the mortgage. They also wish to run a credit check??? A credit check???

Are they allowed legally to obtain this information?

HomeGuru

DelrayChris said:
Florida / Broward County

Here is the situation, I am closing on a condo property, and have been given the condo documents, and the condo association "application". Property is being financed via a bank, and NOT the association.

On the condo association application it asks for my social security number, bank account numbers/info, and the information on the bank who is issuing the mortgage. They also wish to run a credit check??? A credit check???

Are they allowed legally to obtain this information?

**A: no unless they can show you in writing State or HOA laws that support their request.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">