• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Condo Parking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LOR148

I am the owner of a Condo in the state of Florida. All owners are assigned a parking spot. There is a separate area for guests. One of the owners in my building requested to move their spot to the guest area. This move was approved by the Board of Directors. This move affected me as I now have a guest parking spot to the right side of my vehicle.I am concerned for the safety of my car. The guest parking spots are frequently used by contractors, repairmen and delivery trucks. I was told by one of the Board members that it is their policy (I have not seen this in writing)to approve such a move upon receiving the request in writing. My question is: Can the Board approve a request like this without the consent of the two other owners that are affected by such a move? If damage is done to my car by an unkown guest, is the Condo Development held accountable? What actions can I take to get the Guest Parking spot away from my vehicle?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LOR148:
I am the owner of a Condo in the state of Florida. All owners are assigned a parking spot. There is a separate area for guests. One of the owners in my building requested to move their spot to the guest area. This move was approved by the Board of Directors. This move affected me as I now have a guest parking spot to the right side of my vehicle.I am concerned for the safety of my car. The guest parking spots are frequently used by contractors, repairmen and delivery trucks. I was told by one of the Board members that it is their policy (I have not seen this in writing)to approve such a move upon receiving the request in writing. My question is: Can the Board approve a request like this without the consent of the two other owners that are affected by such a move? If damage is done to my car by an unkown guest, is the Condo Development held accountable? What actions can I take to get the Guest Parking spot away from my vehicle?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Request that the Board give you copies of the approval and legal docs stating that the Board can in fact approve the change in parking stalls. There may be a legal issue if the original stall was specifically assigned by stall number as a limited common element appurtenant to the designated condo apartment unit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">