• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Condominium Association Laws-Damage Claim on Master Insurance Policy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Ayumi

I live in the state of Michigan. At the end of last year, my condo unit sustained some ice damage. The water in the gutters froze and caused water to drain into my walls. This ruined the drywall,carpet and I'm sure the insulation needs to be replaced. I called my Property management company and requested they make a claim. This was in January of 2001. It is now the end of June and I am constantly being told they will get back to me. I don't believe the property management company is representing me to the best of their ability. What legal stance can I take? This is my first home, and after this experience I would definitely not recommend anyone buy a condo. At least with a home you can contact the insurance company directly, but they will not speak with me on this claim because I am just a unit owner. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks.

HomeGuru

Hogwash. Guess what? You own a unit in the condominum complex right?
Well then, you are also legally a part of the HOA. Therefore you have every right to communicate with the Association insurance company.
Get an attorney and have him/her sent those jokers a hammer letter demanding action. Those idiots do not realize that you could sue the HOA and the Board for negligence, incompetence etc. I hope your HOA reserve study is in order.

The property management company should be fired for dragging their tails.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">