• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract Assignment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

moboyle

Pennsylvania- I am looking for help with a contract assignment. I am a lic. real estate agent and also a real estate investor who had interest in a property and also the listing agent.
I assigned my contract to a buyer for a fee which now seems like he is going to refuse to pay. Can I hold up the transaction at closing until my fee is paid and would you know if there would be any legal issues that can come back to haught me since I am the listing agent.

Thanks

FlyingRon

You leave out a lot of details. What contract did you assign. What are they refusing to pay?

If you own an interest in the property, you are not an agent, you are the seller.
You may indeed run into problems with trying to extract an agent's fee (but that's usually an issue between you and the other owners of the property).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">