• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contract for deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

angela4165

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?Minnesota
We have purchased a home on contract for deed. Some months we have been late on our payments as my fiance is self employed and the money is delayed now and then. Never have we gone past 30 days.( 2 times we've been here and got to 28 or 29) My landlord has been telling me he is contacting a lawyer to default our loan...can he do that? Most months we are fine and once in awhile we may go to 10th but every month it is paid. Isn't there a time limit involved or can he just say....your are late and kick us out? We have recently had to replace well and furnace as they broke down.(10000.) We have been here 3 years by a quick deed from a friend who wanted out, he was quick deeded by someone else and i belive we are third in line of that quick deed(we did with lawyers and filed at courthouse for homested etc) Am just worried as so many people have been here and have done some major damage that we have been repairing and remodeling and dont want to lose our investment for a few days of lateness here and there.What are my rights?

FarmerJ

Plan your spending to not only stay current but to get a payment or two ahead, ONCE a unlawful detainer hearing is filed for the contract holder then has sought the courts help to show you are in breach of the contract. So unless your contract gave the buyer a late grace period there is none and the payments must be made by the due date. Angela If you need extra income to work on the house and live in the metro area or the East Central area Id like to suggest applying at one of the many many group home firms for a overnight asleep position. The reason I say asleep is that you only get up when your needed to assist with behaviours. This will give additional income to help correct the problem. Did the lawyer you saw in the past tell you how easy it is in this state for contract holders to go to the courts when a CD buyer defaults ? ITS EXTREMELY EASY.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?Minnesota
We have purchased a home on contract for deed. Some months we have been late on our payments as my fiance is self employed and the money is delayed now and then. Never have we gone past 30 days.( 2 times we've been here and got to 28 or 29) My landlord has been telling me he is contacting a lawyer to default our loan...can he do that? Most months we are fine and once in awhile we may go to 10th but every month it is paid. Isn't there a time limit involved or can he just say....your are late and kick us out? We have recently had to replace well and furnace as they broke down.(10000.) We have been here 3 years by a quick deed from a friend who wanted out, he was quick deeded by someone else and i belive we are third in line of that quick deed(we did with lawyers and filed at courthouse for homested etc) Am just worried as so many people have been here and have done some major damage that we have been repairing and remodeling and dont want to lose our investment for a few days of lateness here and there.What are my rights?
**A: read your contract then post back any specfic question.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">