• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract/Deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amiemora

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? UTAH --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back on 11/07 my mother quit claimed 2 homes over to me that were notorized, unfortunately the county recorder will not accept them due to the vergbage not being correct and since then my mother has changed her mind and will not re-do them so that the county will accept them to be recorded. In 6/08 my mother and I signed a contract as she being the mortgager and me being the buyer of one of the homes she previously quit claimed over to me because she didn't want to loose the benefit of her being able to claim both homes on her taxes, but that contract is not notorized nor is there a witness signature, just hers and mine and now she is telling me that the contract is no good because of this. We have had a falling out and she wants to basically take back the deeds and the contract and I am not sure if she can do this or if she is basically going to be held to the contracts and the deeds? Please advise.

nextwife

If you were never delivered a properly drafted, executed and recordable deed or contract for the property, I doubt you have any interest to enforce.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">