• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract For Deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Joseph Mignoli

area: woodbridge, va county: prince william

my wife and i purchased a home under a contract for deed in 95. the note came due in 2000 whereby i had to vacate or secure my own mortgage. we advised the sellers his disclosure statement was false as there were prior suits for roof defects and plumbing defects that by law must be corrected prior to selling the home. his disclosure statement indicated all was fine. in 2000 he advised he was getting the term extended, we were never notified by the lawyer of any change. under the contract for deed after 2000 we now are basically paying rent; however, none of the corrections on the roof or plumbing have been undertaken. i assume a mortgage lender will not give us loan
if i disclose the roof and plumbing are under a past suit needing to be fixed by the seller. we want to retain the house. during our stay we have made some improvements to the property & added new appliances etc. what is our legal recourse?

HomeGuru

Since you are not going to walk, you need to file suit against the Seller for breach of contract, non-disclosure of material facts, misrepresentation etc. Be aware that the Seller will counterclaim that you did not mitigate by having a home inspection and never refinanced prior to the contract termination date.
Consult an attorney right away.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">