• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contract not being upheld

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

res

I have just purchased a home about 3 weeks ago and a new oven ws suppose to have been install in the home and it hasn't been done. my children and I have been in this house for 2 weeks and still no oven. my real estate agent won't return any of my calls and the seller is telling me that my agent is suppose to have purchased the oven himself and they were suppose to have it installed. can I file a lawsuit, because this is in my contract to be done and it is still not done.

S

stevenson

I'm no lawyer but it sounds to me that you need to get all your paperwork together and either give them a deadline to have your oven and if that doesn't work then take them to court.

D

David J. Miller

Is the installation of the oven in the purchase agreement? If so, call and ask for the Realtors broker and discuss the problem. Tell the Broker if the matter is not taken care of within "X" amount of time, you will a) refer the matter to an attorney, b) contact the Better Business Bureau C) contact the area Realtor's Association d) contact the commerce dept.

If this was not a part of the purchase agreement and it was an oral agreement, contact an attorney or waite for one of the attorney's here to reply to your question. You may want to waite for one of the attorney's here to reply anyway.

S

stevenson

Hi, res is a co-worker of mine and YES this is part of the purchase aggreement and she is just upset that her realtor is doing this to her. Instead of letting the seller purchase the oven and install it, he (her realtor)took it upon himself to try and get it (oven) at a cheaper price and now he's saying that it's on back order and he's trying to get it from somewhere else and in the mean time she and her kids don't have something that's part of basic living. She gave him a week before she moved into the house to get the oven and yet it still has not happen. she is going to contact a lawyer ASAP. This is just terrible

D

David J. Miller

Still, call the broker and formulate a complaint. Tell him you would like to accompany him to the local Sears store to pick-out an oven TODAY at the expense of the Realtor, of course.

T

Tracey

Inform the realtor that 'it's backordered' is no excuse. He promised to install a new stove by closing. 3 weeks later, there's still no stove & her family is paying way too much for take-away every day. Tell the realtor that if the stove isn't installed tomorrow, you will buy the stove yourself & sue realtor for the stove AND for the last 3 weeks' food bills. I'll just bet that agent will find a nice new stove pretty quick! By the way, don't buy a GE. They suck.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws. [email protected] - please include some facts so I know who you are!

[This message has been edited by Tracey (edited October 11, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">