• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contract period

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

helptheundecisive

i signed a contract yesterday, but today i have second thoughts about this place. i have talked to the landlord and he bascically
said too bad. my question : is there a set amount of time before a contract becomes valid that lets people change their minds?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by helptheundecisive:
i signed a contract yesterday, but today i have second thoughts about this place. i have talked to the landlord and he bascically
said too bad. my question : is there a set amount of time before a contract becomes valid that lets people change their minds?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is no right of cancellation for changing your mind in a L/T lease contract. The second you and your landlord signed the official written lease agreement, that is when the contract became binding and enforceable.
A L/T contract is not like buying a vacuum cleaner from a salesperson after an in-home demonstration.

P

peter

Offer to pay for his re-renting the apartment, his advertising costs then a per day charge for the apartment,

Hope fully someone will re rent it on Sept 1st and you wont be out too much money.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by helptheundecisive:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">