• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

The Contractor from Hell!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

paradisemas

What is the name of your state? District of Columbia

I own a 4-unit apartment building that recently caught on fire. I signed a contract with a contractor to do the repairs. Since then, his work has gone down - smelt alcohol on the breath of general contractor and workers, workers calling me for payment, and the contractors slandering me to the insurance company. Initally, the contractors agreed to terminate the contract for an additional $5,000.00. The contractor did not complete that much work and has been paid for everything he did (labor only). Now, he wants to sue for $30,000.00 for loss of work. Help!

HomeGuru

paradisemas said:
What is the name of your state? District of Columbia

I own a 4-unit apartment building that recently caught on fire. I signed a contract with a contractor to do the repairs. Since then, his work has gone down - smelt alcohol on the breath of general contractor and workers, workers calling me for payment, and the contractors slandering me to the insurance company. Initally, the contractors agreed to terminate the contract for an additional $5,000.00. The contractor did not complete that much work and has been paid for everything he did (labor only). Now, he wants to sue for $30,000.00 for loss of work. Help!
**A: ask your insurance company to get involved and help you?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">