• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contractors chopping into my trees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Beaujolais

I have two 60-70 yr old American Holly trees that stand at least 65-70 feet tall. My next door neighbor had a contractor working on his roof this week, all was well until I came home this evening from work and found that they had hacked into my beautiful trees. I was so upset, I cried, these trees are old and were absolutely gorgeous. I asked my next door neighbor if he had given the roofers permission to cut my trees leaving their debris and my tree limbs on MY property. My neighbor was upset too...what can I do? These contractors have destroyed the beauty of one of the two twin trees I have? Please help?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Beaujolais:
I have two 60-70 yr old American Holly trees that stand at least 65-70 feet tall. My next door neighbor had a contractor working on his roof this week, all was well until I came home this evening from work and found that they had hacked into my beautiful trees. I was so upset, I cried, these trees are old and were absolutely gorgeous. I asked my next door neighbor if he had given the roofers permission to cut my trees leaving their debris and my tree limbs on MY property. My neighbor was upset too...what can I do? These contractors have destroyed the beauty of one of the two twin trees I have? Please help?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go through your neighbor and have the contractor pay for damages and remedial trimming. Hire a licensed arborist to inspect the trees, provide a written assessment of the condition, cost of damages incurred (loss of value to the property etc.) and instructions for a licensed professional tree trimmer to complete remdial work.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">