• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Corporate Buyout of Personal Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

PeteEvans

Last May 10th I was contacted by a real estate agent who is representing the hospital across the street from my home. The real estate agent told me the hospital had intentions of purchasing our house for hospital expansion. I was told there would be a closing date of August 1st. In mid July I was told the date would in fact be September 1st. I did sign a buy/sell agreement with the hospital because the agent told me that if I did not the hospital would simply put an 8 foot wall around my house and continue with their renovations. I am asking simply for a letter of intent from the hospital. The agent told me I can have nothing until the first of September. I have a buy/sell signed only by me, nothing from the hospital except the broker's word that they are actually going to buy the house. No one from the hospital has ever even signed the buy/sell.
At the broker's advice I found a new home in June, I have had it inspected at a cost of $250.00, and paid a $500.00 deposit. My house was nearly all packed by mid-July.
The current owners of the new home signed a buy/sell with me contingent on the sale of my current home and agreed to an August 1st closing. When the hospital delayed the closing until September, they signed an amended buy/sell for the later date. They have also agreed to let me start moving in before the closing if they could see a letter of intent from the hospital.
The hospital refuses to give me anything until the first of September. Is there anything I can do?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PeteEvans:
Last May 10th I was contacted by a real estate agent who is representing the hospital across the street from my home. The real estate agent told me the hospital had intentions of purchasing our house for hospital expansion. I was told there would be a closing date of August 1st. In mid July I was told the date would in fact be September 1st. I did sign a buy/sell agreement with the hospital because the agent told me that if I did not the hospital would simply put an 8 foot wall around my house and continue with their renovations. I am asking simply for a letter of intent from the hospital. The agent told me I can have nothing until the first of September. I have a buy/sell signed only by me, nothing from the hospital except the broker's word that they are actually going to buy the house. No one from the hospital has ever even signed the buy/sell.
At the broker's advice I found a new home in June, I have had it inspected at a cost of $250.00, and paid a $500.00 deposit. My house was nearly all packed by mid-July.
The current owners of the new home signed a buy/sell with me contingent on the sale of my current home and agreed to an August 1st closing. When the hospital delayed the closing until September, they signed an amended buy/sell for the later date. They have also agreed to let me start moving in before the closing if they could see a letter of intent from the hospital.
The hospital refuses to give me anything until the first of September. Is there anything I can do?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have put yourself in a difficult and precarious situation because you did not have a real estate agent or attorney represent you. The only thing that you should do at this point is to hire an attorney to see if your proposed sale to the hospital is really going to happen. The real estate for the hospital has been giving you bad advice and dragging you through the game. If the sale of your home does not go through, you should file complaints against this agent.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">