• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

covenants by-laws 101 help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tandy2002

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? texas

1. townhome owner - i need a good book or website to help me understand all wording and legal stuff in my covenants, bylaws, etc. (for Texas) all suggestions greatly appreciated!
2. is the board responsible for making sure all owners have a copy of any changes made to the covenants?
3. what if I bought my townhome and was only given the original covenants and bylaws when i requested them prior to closing and find out a year later that there are revisions that i never received?
thanks

HomeGuru

tandy2002 said:
What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? texas

1. townhome owner - i need a good book or website to help me understand all wording and legal stuff in my covenants, bylaws, etc. (for Texas) all suggestions greatly appreciated!
2. is the board responsible for making sure all owners have a copy of any changes made to the covenants?

**A:
1) www.nolo.com, www.caionline.org

2) yes.

3. what if I bought my townhome and was only given the original covenants and bylaws when i requested them prior to closing and find out a year later that there are revisions that i never received?
thanks
**A: it depends on exactly what you requested in your contract. Even if you just requested the original HOA docs, the Seller should have provided the current revisions anyway. This issue is a seller disclosure claim.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">