• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

credit reports

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

luvbarbie1

I applied for a rental house and they had to run a credit report. My credit came up free of any debt. My husband's on the other hand did not. He filed bankruptcy BEFORE we got married. How can I apply for any rental if that keeps coming up?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by luvbarbie1:
I applied for a rental house and they had to run a credit report. My credit came up free of any debt. My husband's on the other hand did not. He filed bankruptcy BEFORE we got married. How can I apply for any rental if that keeps coming up?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apply just in your name. How long ago did he file BK? If many years ago, explain the circumstances to the landlord/management co. You may have to make numerous calls to see what the credit application policy is first before looking for the right place only to get denied. You may find some landlords that have a more liberal credit policy and that are more understanding.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">