• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Crooked realtor not returning deposit&1 mo. rent cont'd

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Dey74

I just called the Broker and they said that he has not worked for them for over two months. What now? I cannot afford a lawyer?

------------------

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dey74:
I just called the Broker and they said that he has not worked for them for over two months. What now? I cannot afford a lawyer?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Call the State Real Estate Commission or the agency that regulates real estate agents and see what company he has his real estate license listed with. It could still be with the old company if he did not get a release from his old broker and a new broker to sign under, his license could be with a new broker or it could be inactive. Make sure you write down all the dates. Because you need to correspond those dates with the dates he dealt with you and see who his principal broker was at the time. Also contact the local Board of Realtors to see if this guy is a Realtor member. While you are at it, do a complaint check to see if any complaints have been filed against him and his principal broker with the Board of Realtors and the New York State licensing agency. If complaints have been filed, find out for what reason and the status?

In the meantime, put some pressure on your contact to keep calling this guy for the money. After all it was a big bad referral.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">