• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

damage to property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kcbunnnie

What is the name of your state? Missouri I own one side of a duplex in Missouri and the other side has been foreclosed on. However, that unit has significant foundation problems which is now affecting my property. What are my rights in this type of situation? Can I sue to have the property repaired, and any damages caused to my property repaired because of their neglect? Who would I sue since the home attached to mine is a foreclosed property? The damage is also affecting our "common wall" area.

seniorjudge

You sue the owner of the place.

They are required by common law to provide you with support (literally). In other words, they can't let their part fall down.

You need a very good real estate attorney.

kcbunnnie

Property damage2

Thank you for your reply. Since the property is in foreclosure, the former owner has been evicted and left. There is a real estate sign in the yard. Would that be my first place to contact or do I need to find out what bank is holding the title on the property?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">