• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dead tree

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

airdoctor

I live in New Jersey. At the back corner of my property is a tree that has obviously died. The tree is definitely mostly on my property. Whether any part is on my neighbor's property is unknown, as there is no corner marker visible. If the tree comes down, it will likely damage one of the garages in that corner (of which there are three garages). If the tree falls and damages my neighbor's property, am I financially responsible. Unfortunately, this neighbor and I do not speak. He has mentioned to me that the tree should be taken down due to it's being dead. I mentioned that the tree appears to be partly on his property. He says he doesn't see it that way. Will I be financially responsible for any damage this tree causes? does it make any difference if the tree is not entirely on my property?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by airdoctor:
I live in New Jersey. At the back corner of my property is a tree that has obviously died. The tree is definitely mostly on my property. Whether any part is on my neighbor's property is unknown, as there is no corner marker visible. If the tree comes down, it will likely damage one of the garages in that corner (of which there are three garages). If the tree falls and damages my neighbor's property, am I financially responsible. Unfortunately, this neighbor and I do not speak. He has mentioned to me that the tree should be taken down due to it's being dead. I mentioned that the tree appears to be partly on his property. He says he doesn't see it that way. Will I be financially responsible for any damage this tree causes? does it make any difference if the tree is not entirely on my property?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If the tree is mostly on your side it is basically your tree and therefore you are responsible for any damages the tree may cause. For more info do a search on this BB using the keyword trees.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">