• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deadbeat Roommate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

confuzzlednar

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arkansas

:mad: My roommate and I both signed a 1 yr lease in Feb. 08. It is August 08. He moved out while I was at work. He skipped out on rent and all of this months bills. He has left behind some personal belongings, 2 tv's not ready to go digital, a twin bed, a broken chest of drawers, two rolling carts and a small dvd player. He will not return calls to his cell phone, has left no new address and to my knowledge has not turned in any of his keys. How long do I have to keep his property? Can I sell it in a yard sale as partial payment on what he owes me?

Cunfuzzlednar

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arkansas

:mad: My roommate and I both signed a 1 yr lease in Feb. 08. It is August 08. He moved out while I was at work. He skipped out on rent and all of this months bills. He has left behind some personal belongings, 2 tv's not ready to go digital, a twin bed, a broken chest of drawers, two rolling carts and a small dvd player. He will not return calls to his cell phone, has left no new address and to my knowledge has not turned in any of his keys. How long do I have to keep his property? Can I sell it in a yard sale as partial payment on what he owes me?

Cunfuzzlednar
**A: repost in the Landlord Tenant forum.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">